Scheduled Airline Failure Insurance FAQs
1. What is SAFI & APC? And what is the difference?
SAFI is Scheduled Airline Failure Insurance. This covers failure of the airline you have booked through Faremine.
APC is ATOL protection coverage. This covers failure of a supplier.
2. Will it be the case that any booking made with Faremine with SAFI in place will still be covered when that airline goes bust. I.e, there is no chance of the cover being withdrawn after the cover has been paid for at the point the ticket was booked?
Yes, confirmed tickets will be covered when sold with SAFI protection in the event of airline failure.
3. Will this cover the value paid for the ticket, or the cost of replacing the ticket with a reasonable alternative?
Faremine SAFI will cover replacement or refund of money, in the event airline failure, of a value up to £4,000
4. How does it work if it happens to a flight booked through Faremine?
Reasonable alternative flights can be arranged by Faremine at the request of the agent or operator.
5. Would Faremine replace a new flight for the booking if one flight fails to operate and needs a replacement?
Yes, but only in the event of an airline failure on either one (or more) of the itinerary